Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Scary Cake

I was really worried about this cake, not worried about the outcome or if the recipe would be easy to follow, oh no I was worried by the amount of very unhealthy stuff in it.  Now I know cake is not deemed a healthy option but this Nigella cake seemed to be really scary!  I had some lovely white chocolate to use up from my sister and a some raspberries from my parents garden so I set about finding a recipe.  I have not made many Nigella recipes in my time usually due to the large quantities of butter/cream/sugar......etc.  Anyway I thought I would give this one a go, I actually halfed the quantities (an even number of eggs always makes this easier!) and then used less sugar, about 40g less I think and it worked really well.  I over cooked it slightly having not taken into account the lesser quantinty but I just about got away with it, 10 minutes less and it would have been moister.  I served it with fresh raspberries and creme fraiche as I thought the white chocolate ganache may be a little too much.  Scary but very very tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment