Pages

Friday 14 October 2011

Decoration time

I love to look at pretty things and beautifully decorated cakes and biscuits are probably a favourite but they also have to taste as good as they look.  There are some lovely cake decorations out on the market but sometimes I wonder how edible they actually are.  My favourite have to be sugared flowers and rose petals.  I have rose petals and mimosa flowers from Uncle Roys (Product of the UK too!) and they look stunning on cakes and biscuits.  I also think you cannot beat real flowers and to make sure they are truly organic I decided to grow my own Nasturtiums and Lavender.  I am going to try roses and violas next.  I use violas on a recent 60th Birthday cake and they looked beautiful.
Here is my first Nasturtium flower on my carrot cake

No comments:

Post a Comment